Friday 9 July 2010

Dragon Soul Shared

Every now and again, visitors make their way here. Some wanted, some unwanted, most uninvited. Some stay for a while or even make a return visit, while others shrug and leave, never to visit again.

So be it.

This time I have invited someone. A girl. As you read this, she is probably going through the whole blog, visiting every place of my lair, discovering all the hidden chambers, peeking into the Dragon's very soul.
Of course she is not the first girl to visit the realm of the Dragon, and hopefully she will not be the last. But I am surprised to find that I enjoy the idea of her discovering things about me that virtually nobody knows.

That is not to say that this blog has all my 'secrets' revealed and exposed. But in a roundabout sort of way, a lot of it is.

Why, I wonder, does it feel so good to share one's all with another person? Is it a feeling of loneliness, or insecurity, or recognition? A little bit of those, I imagine, but there seems to be something else, something more, something deeper.

Couples are sometimes refered to as being 'one', and partners are called one's 'other half'. Perhaps it is a feeling of being incomplete without sharing everything with someone else? I don't know.

It doesn't feel like I am incomplete at the moment. And on a rational level it doesn't make any sense to share everything with another person (not to mention rather boring, eventually), but my emotions seem not so clear.

Alright, enough sharing of mine. Tell me about you and your secrets. Yes, especially those bedroom secrets...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First and only remark you'll get, dear, dear Dragon.
The lair is fascinating, your words spellbinding and inspiring. You have got mail.