Sunday 17 June 2007

First Kiss

It started with a hug.
We turned to say good-bye,
Our faces too close to ignore.
The tension grew
As the distance shrank.
My mind raced with anticipation.
What should I do?
Lips closed, or dare open them?
As I first felt her gentle caress
Nothing could be sweeter.
The moment escalated,
Our passions took over.
Excitement consumed us
As embarrassment ensued.
Our teeth clanked;
What seemed so perfect
Now was so awkward.
We pulled away,
Her look was one of confusion.
What I did next
I will never forget.
I remembered the nursery rhyme,
"First is the worst,
Second's the best."
So I leaned back in,
And started all over.
A little experience was all I needed.

by Sean H. on Teen Ink

3 comments:

Hansgirl3 said...

So sweet.... and so true.

:D

Robin Parker said...

Isn't that the truth...I've clinked my teeth on first kisses...But the second and third and fourth after that surpassed my exptectations...LOL

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.