Friday 14 September 2007

One blog to rule them all

Well, hello there. It's good to see you all again. I've been expecting you.

I suppose it's been a rather long time since last I blogged - and by "blogged", I mean actually typing words in a quasi-coherent fashion to make up a piece of text, worthy of the name "blog". I've done lots of pretty pictures and short grunts, but I decided to actually produce a serious blog now. And here it is. Pretend to be awed.

How has my life been going recently? Quite good, actually. Since July, I've got a new job at Brijder Parnassia in The Hague; I'm an intaker for an addiction treatment center. That means I see the people who want help for their addiction to alcohol, drugs, medication or gambling, and I map out the treatment that's most likely to be effective.

This, of course, is not to be regarded as working with only criminals and "junkies"; most people that show up are people like you and me. Some of them have good jobs and great family lives. Most people that I see, have trouble with their alcohol consumption, followed closely by people with cannabis and cocaine addictions.

So that's my job. I've only done it for 2 months, but I'm very glad I've got this job. It's a natural extension of my internship at a similar company. The only downside is the travelling: it's about 90 minutes every morning and every afternoon to get from home to work, and from work back home. But I'm changing that: I'm trying to find a house near The Hague.

Am I blogging at work now? Honestly? Yes. My client didn't show up. Part of the job; some people just won't show up. So I've got a few moments to relax and blog.

In other news: nothing else happened. Too busy with work. No time to have awesome long conversations on IM; no time to hang out with friends; no time for myself.

Well, that's a lie. The other day I rented the incredible Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny. That's awesome. The D is The Bomb.

So, that's pretty much what my life is right now. Getting up early, getting to work (90 minutes), doing my job, getting home (90 minutes), having dinner, sleeping. Repeat.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I love my job. And I love my paycheck, too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm...

Sounds like your having fun. Nice to hear that you're enjoying your job. I'm still trying to get one, I'll probably be stuck with minimum wage for awhile, but at this point I'll take whatever I can get.

Btw, are you still in school?

God Bless,

May the Force be with you, always...

Hansgirl3 said...

Congrats! Right up your psychoanalyst's alley, too. ;)

Continue having fun!!! I hope you find a home closer to work soon. 90 minute drives stink! :p

Anonymous said...

Congrats. :)

Here's hoping you find a house thats a bit closer.

Sounds like you're doing good work.
:)