Thursday 22 October 2009

Love story

What is it with people, that we crave for corny happily-ever-after love stories?

Certainly the old Hollywood romances are unrealistic for most people, yet so many people cling to the conception that if only they meet the right person, everything will be alright. Not realizing (or simply ignoring) the fact that relationships require time and effort, they set high standards and are disappointed when potential partners do not live up to them.

I would love to say that I am above such things, but alas, I am not.

Even in my mind, I make lists of qualities, both relevant and unnecessary, that a woman should possess if she would want to be mine. Completely ignoring, of course, the list of qualities that I myself should possess if I want the relationship to be even remotely successful. The ego is funny like that.

Trying to be conscious of both lists is, in my view, a good way to set more realistic goals both for myself and any possible partner. I doubt that I will get rid of my internal high standards completely, but at least it's a start.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've some qualities to write down.



***

Wanted: Friendly female of the human species, age between 18 and 21, with stunning good looks. Clothes and brains optional. Send your picture to dragonwantsyou@yahoo.com (that's on the internet) and I might contact you by telephone for breathing heavily.

4 comments:

shell bell said...

Tee hee =)

shell bell said...

That tee hee was to your last paragraph. LOL

Otherwise I agree with your thoughts here. I think its in our nature to think that we can have that perfect love storyif we only find the right person. No matter how compatible though, one must give his/her all to work toward it. You've got to be willing to learn all there is to know about your loved one's personality because no one is perfect. Knowing them completely helps you react to things in a way that brings positive results, strengthening the relationship...

That IS the perfect love story to me. Loving unconditionally, wholeheartedly etc.

Its a beautiful thing if you can get there...

Much love dragon my friend

DragonFang said...

Glad to see you're still reading my blog. Like the other websites, my presence here is irregular but I try to keep at least this corner of the web somewhat updated.

Wait a minute... you're here for the ad, aren't you? ;)

shell bell said...

ha ha ha :)