Friday 22 October 2010

Goth is overrated

There's a blackness in my soul,
A stormcloud brewing inside,
And I am loath to live with joy
Ever since my goldfish died.

Now I've only wished to die,
And my heart has turned a charcoal-black
E'er since the pop machine stole my quarter;
Woe! That coin I'll not get back.

I nicked myself shaving just last week,
And as I observed the trickling blood,
I could feel my black and wretched soul
Ebbing with the crimson flood.

And now death can't come quickly enough,
To carry me away from the rain,
Because we're out of Rocky Road,
And my poor soul can't deal with the pain.


Goth Is Overrated
by ~DreamerOfShadows

2 comments:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

STATEMENT OF INTENT
I, the distressed undersigned

Being of torn and troubled mind

Declare that I no longer wish to live.

I have no cash, and friends, not any

I stand alone, without a penny

In short, my life is all I have to give.

The local girls all think me odd

Everytime they wink or nod

At me, I find it's just a vicious joke

I cannot dance, I can't talk cool

My foosball stinks, I'm worse at pool

Can't buy a girl a drink, I'm always broke!

I lost my job, the lawn's not mown

The cat took off for parts unknown

The landlord wants me out by Monday noon

My mother swears she has no son

My dad says if he owned a gun

He'd blow my worthless carcass to the moon.

So here I sit, alone and weary

Wrapping up my final theory

That no one cares if I should live or die

No one loves, but simply hates me

The river, dark and cold, awaits me

It's time to go, so to you all....goodbye.

Dorcha Aingeal said...

I believe you have mistaken emo for goth. You see emos tend to cut themselves, goths tend to cut you (when we get annoyed) I am goth and I don't particulary feel like dieing anytime soon.