Monday 1 November 2010

Secret room

I opened the door and she let me in. It was new and exciting, and at the same time it felt like I belonged there.

She had given me the key, and it took me time and courage to use it. Claiming that I was content to stay outside and only later realizing it was not her I was fooling, but myself. I wanted to go inside, to share that room with her.

And now I have. Will everything change now? I cannot honestly say. Some things will change, others will not; which things fall in what category, I do not yet know. The future is moving and changing as we talk and act.

I do not make promises about "forever" because I am not forever or unchanging. And I don't make promises if I do not know if I can keep them.

What I can promise is that I will try my hardest to be the best person to share that room with. That I will want to make you happy -- or happier than you were before. That I will protect you when you want me to, and to let you be when you so request. That I will open up to you and be vulnerable at times, and be your playmate at other times.

Because I want to know you, all of you, and love each and every part of you. In our own secret room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You dpon't have to promiss anything. If there is one thing I know, is that you never can. No matter how sencere you are about it.
But you just gave everything I need to here.