Thursday 21 August 2014

Undragon

I am not a dragon.

The dragon was born as a way to impersonate my fears and the qualities that I admired, a shield to protect me from the world. And people loved it.

But it is not, nor will ever be, me.

I am just a scared little boy, trying hard to prevent the world from coming into my safe haven; keeping up the status quo, stopping myself from growing up, shutting everybody out.

And it's all crashing down around me.

Time to put the dragon to sleep, and step forward myself. Time to let the boy become a man. Finally.

There will be more words, explanations. But for now, this is the word, and the word is not dragon.

It is un-dragon.


1 comment:

PadmeSkywalker said...

I really do hope that you continue to write, as you are such an eloquent writer. As the saying goes: all good things must come to an end sometime. I wish you the best in your "grown-up" life, as you definitely deserve it!