Tuesday 9 May 2006

And now for something completely different

I've decided to add some art to my blog. Yes, art. Don't be scared; it doesn't bite.

First of all, I've found some pictures of dragons on the web, including the one depicted to the left. I will post them regularly. However, I must mention something: I do not know who made them, and if there is any copyright on them, it is held by the artist and not by me. Just to be clear about that. If it's mine, I will let you know in the text that goes with it.

Secondly, I've found these two lovely poems by someone called Chaos. There doesn't seem to be any copyright on them. Click on the title to see the site I found them.

Metramorphisis, 2nd stage

Every night, just before I sleep,
I wrap myself up like a coccoon,
In blankets and in darkness,
So that I may change come next morning

A pair of wings, a long shining tail,
A new body to replace the old,
To change my everyday routine life,
And my narrow point of view

Yet, everyday I wake unchanged,
But I still hope that same night,
And I try yet again, for you never know,
Unless you try.


The Grand Departure

If Man had wings, they'd be used for war,
Razing, killing, and nothing more,
But dragons had wings that they did adore,
In the skies they would always soar

They looked at the humans and were amused,
Their minds were small, and easily abused
"Technology" had eventually sealed their fate,
Causing grief, sorrow, misery, and hate

The dragons did not like this and finally spoke,
"A single spell we shall now invoke"
Then, a bright light had appeared and shined,
They will return, the last day of our lives

The humans had thought that they finally won,
The Armageddon suns had combined into one
Little did they know the dragons had their way,
Now they are punished day after day

No comments: