Sunday 7 May 2006

Do it yourself

Well, I was quite happy with the picture I found and posted in my last entry, so I decided to try and make one myself. Lately I've been trying to work with Photoshop Elements and - due to not spending enough time on it - getting more confused with every try, but I decided I could do this. It's easy enough, right? So I made a little sketch in Paint, which turned out to be mostly circles in a pattern that was supposed to look like some kind of balloony dragon (not sure if "balloony" is an actual word, but it sounds cool), if that balloony dragon was made by a three-year-old. Anyway, it wasn't about this silly creature; that was just the starting point.

I loaded this marvelous creation into Photoshop Elements, and decided to make things happen like I usually do: trying stuff. Lot of fun, by the way, and I can recommend it. Though with a large program (meaning: with lots of possibilities) like Photoshop it could be very time-consuming as well.
I tried giving my dragon a little more "flesh" on his balloony bones, giving him some depth through shadows, and generally giving him a cooler look. Notice his "dragon's breath"; I'm quite proud of it, especially compared to the original breath. But then again, who breathes red circles?
Lastly, I gave it a cool background. I've never seen such cool background options to choose from! In the end I made red-yellowish circle-shaped background thingy, basically because I thought it looked cool.
So, one of my first real attempts at Photoshop Elements (and actually succeeding in getting something out of it) produced this beautiful drawing I'd like to call: "The enigma of eating pizza". Or just "Little dragon" if the other title is too.. artsy.


Hope you like it.

No comments: