Tuesday 2 January 2007

I, Sigmund

I sit in my office, still tired from getting up so early this morning, trying to remember last night’s dreams. It’s no use.

I sit in my office, with a cup of hot coffee on my desk, staring at my computer screen. How come the computer at my home seems so much more pleasurable?

I sit in my office, waiting for the first patient of the day to arrive, checking whether I’ve got everything I need. Yes, it’s still all there.

I sit in my office, looking out the window, and I wonder what the rain would feel like on my face. Pleasurably annoying, I’m sure.

I sit in my office, just like I did yesterday, and I know tomorrow will be the same. And next week, and the one after that.

I sit in my office, my patient arriving, and he starts telling me about his addiction. I listen, take note, remember.

I sit in my office, the patient having left, working on my report on his case. The rain continues to pour.

I love my work.

No comments: